Andrew had a birthday party on Monday (a day early) since school was out for MLK day. He had 16 friends here, although Mia and Natalie were really here for my benefit. The drawing behind the kids was a trace of Andrew where we played the game we created, "Let's Face It" where the kids had to put face pieces on him without looking. They were supposed to be blind-folded, but I learned that most 4 and 5 year olds prefer to close their eyes instead.
Lunch was the tricky part. I read that fingerfoods are best for this age group and Andrew wanted all orange foods, so we had orange punch, corndogs, cheetos, carrots and cucumber. (No, cucumber is not orange but we really needed a "green" for health purposes. Can we really call that a meal?) Once we began the craziness of serving the kids, I learned that many do not like corndogs and really wanted the chicken nuggets Rachel had (Corndogs have egg.) So the girls helped while I cooked up more nuggets.

Steven was able to schedule lunch to come home the second half of the party and got to decorate and eat cupcakes with us, sing and open presents. Two pictures below show how most of the decorating went...heavy on the decorations! (Of course.)


Opening presents was exciting for everyone, but as you look at the last couple of pictures, it was confusing as to whose party it was...Rachel's or Andrew's. She gets very excited about presents. (Love language)



Andrew's actual birthday: waiting and waiting all day for presents (to be opened after Steven got off work), excitement every time the phone rang (commenting: Mom, lots of people are calling me today for my birthday!), finally Steven arrived, Smiths came over and gave him a "Spanking Machine" (they were impressed by how fast he moved...notice by the time I took the picture he was almost out) and FINALLY getting to open more presents. Life is good.


Happy Birthday Andrew!
1 comment:
First to comment! YES! Looks like Andrew had an awesome party and somehow I never saw your November pics on the lake. Oh how I wish Phoenix were that pretty!
Post a Comment